02 July 2013

RECEIVED: A Typer-ly Postcard and Commentary



Ever since the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article about my modest typewriter collection came out two weeks ago, I've received a number of inquiries and comments from folks who have wanted to share their typewriter stories.  Some of those will be posted here as I get them written up.  So it looks like "The Wardrobe" will be very typewriter-focused for a while!

I'll start things off with this fun and thoughtful postcard I received once upon a time from my friend Hoja.





6 comments:

  1. Very nice! I like the irony of an #offline hashtag. I see that it is used on Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't much aware of Twitter (or hashtags for that matter!) when I received this card over a year ago. So it was funny all over again when I came across it recently when clearing out some papers!

      Delete
  2. Typewriters, kitty and a flying saucer. A very wonderful combination.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My friend Hoja has a very whimsical sense of humor! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I bet you'll be busy for awhile with inquiries. That was a heckova article! (:

    I absolutely love that postcard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ted. And you are right about the busy! I was contacted yesterday about "doing some presentations" on typewriters and typewriter collecting at three senior living centers in the region. So it looks like Professor Remington will be in action once again! ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...